Sunday, April 13, 2008

T came up

I didn't take any snow in April pictures. (Sorry Cari) We didn't get hit nearly as bad as they were saying. In fact, most of it has already melted.

That didn't stop me from worrying about Tommy as he and his friends drove up on Friday. I kept calling him for updates. And then I would apologize for "acting like his mother". LOL What can I say? It looked really bad outside.

They made it safely. Aaron and I went took Tommy out for dinner last night. That was nice. I think he appreciated the chance to have a real meal. Tommy was telling us that when he comes up here the guys don't really worry about eating. There have been times when he has walked to the gas station to buy a frozen pizza just to finally get something... At five o'clock in the evening.

I wonder if this is a guy thing. I seem to remember coming up here for weekends and it was all about what, where and when we were going to eat. Or maybe that was just because I really enjoy food...

T and his friends found an apartment, not too far from the university. I'm sure they will have a blast. I'm excited that he's coming up here. One more family member to see!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I am glad you were playing Mom for him since I didn't have time to. It also makes me happy to know that you will be there for him when he does move up there.