Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Thought

I'm not going to go into my political beliefs today. Instead, I'm going to tell you a story.

I have a friend who was married within the past year. She and her husband bought a house, and settled in. In the process of doing that, she had some dealings with her local village clerk. The clerk didn't appear to know how to do the job.

My friend decided to do something about that. She ran for the clerk position and won that election last night.

As I think about her story, I am struck once again with the truth of the matter. No matter what your political beliefs, be it Democrat, Independent, Republican, this quote applies:

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Amen! What a great story. I think, in fact, that the most effective difference you can make is in LOCAL politics. Good for your friend and God bless America!

Aleena said...

I think I know what friend you are talking about! She's great!

MindiJo said...

You must be the one that commented on my blog. I couldn't get into your blog, so I went from blog to blog until I found a link. A ta-da! Here you are. Thanks for making my day better. It was what I needed to hear.

Cari said...

I agree.

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Great comment! So true.