Saturday, May 2, 2009

Just for Karen and Liz

I ran into Karen and Liz tonight and they accused me of never updating my blog anymore.


I know I haven't! But I do have a new computer now and I don't have that excuse anymore.


So I'll give you an update on the wedding.


We booked our honeymoon, as I said. We are going to Jamaica, and it's going to be a great time.


I have to figure out what kinds of flowers I want and I really have no ideas. I'm looking for suggestions. I like star lily's, but I'm not sure if they would go with the roses I had envisioned...


Still working on addressing invites. I think that after addressing all of them it really won't matter to me what they look like, I'll be sick of looking at them!


I bought a ton of forever stamps in anticipation of the price change.


Decided against finding someone up here to do my cake. I really don't want to have to worry about transporting it in the middle of July.


Put in my vacation time for the wedding.


Trying to come up with ideas for inscribing something on Aaron's ring.


Speaking of Aaron, he's reading this over my shoulder as I type. I'm not sure how I feel about that. No, I'm just kiddding. He's not a regular reader of my blog. In fact, for a long time he didn't seem to care about it at all. Now he reads it more often. I still don't think he could find it on his own though!


(He say's I'm right about that.)





Last week we took a trip to try to get pictures of the same dam that overflowed last year. It wasn't running as well this time, but it was still a photo op!

7 comments:

Megan said...

sounds like your having fun! :) thanks for the update.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Katie! I love you photo of the dam.

Lorz said...

Jamaica is the funnest vacation we ever went one! We went for our 5-yr anniversary, and thinking we may go again for our 10-yr. Where are you staying?

Keep having fun with all the planning! :)

Leanne said...

Courtney Cox Arquette and David Arquette's rings are inscribed with, "A deal's a deal." I love that.

Thanks for the update; I was just thinking of you yesterday...

Karen said...

:) Thanks Katie! It was fun to see you yesterday... and it sounds like your plans are coming along!

Loretta Marie said...

The cool thing about having a cousing that makes cakes up here, she would probable put the whole thing together for you downstate! Call alanna if you're interested. She's really good and her prices are reasonable. I'm sure she would love a good excuse to have to go down for your wedding.

We inscribed our wedding date in Brad's ring. No excuse for ever foregetting that date!

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Katie, I am just so happy for you as I read this. Love your pic, too! Sending lots of hugs!!!

Jen