Friday, August 7, 2009

You can now call me Wifey

Or- maybe only Aaron should do that :)


I don't know if I have a long post in me tonight- too much to get organized around here. But I'll try to give you a quick recap.




I went home the week before the wedding and mostly enjoyed the time. A little bit of stressing out but not too much! Kelli and Michelle made my bouquets and I am so thankful for that. They turned out really well!

The three youngest were in charge of baby-sitting while we decorated the church. They knew this beforehand and were practicing on dolls to learn how to change diapers. I can't imagine not knowing how to change diapers. Seems like we grew up doing it- but with 9 younger than me- it was a different story!



I thoroughly enjoyed the day on Saturday. My biggest fear was that I wouldn't be "with it" on my wedding day. But I think I did fairly well! It was raining on the way into the church in the morning but it did stop eventually and we were able to get outdoor pictures. Julie was such an awesome photographer to work with.


Aaron told me that he had a lot more fun then he expected with the pictures. Thanks Julie!



We were on location shooting pictures (that sounds so important, haha) for the morning and early afternoon. Once we got back to the church, it all flew by.



I didn't get emotional until just before it was time to walk down the aisle. It was hot, standing up there and I was afraid that I would forget to give my flowers to Annette or put the ring on Aaron's right hand or...

But it went well and we both said the right words. :) The reception flew by- I felt like I didn't have a chance to talk to as many people as I would have liked. There was always something to be doing and then it was over. But I did enjoy the conversations I was able to have!

It truly was a wonderful day.

And Jamaica was a great time also. But I have to upload those pictures still so that post will have to wait.

I think most pictures on here were taken by Janelle. Thanks Janelle!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Your cake looked great! You had a cute idea on how it should look. Alanna did a good job. Glad you had fun!

Karen said...

What a fun post and beautiful day! Great pictures!

Leanne said...

Welcome back! I did see Julie's gorgeous photos on her blog. Can't wait to see the rest of yours!

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Welcome back, wifey :).
Glad you had a wonderful time . . . kind of feels like a dream. Glad you had excellent photographers on hand to help you remember!

Julie L. said...

Awe... thanks, guys... I told Den the same thing about you two when I got home on Saturday. :)

Junkyard Jennifer said...

Congratulations!

Hmmm...I wonder if your new husband will do fun things, like sing in his sleep like mine is doing right now...

(He won't mind I said it, it's a running joke around here how he sings and talks in his sleep!)