Tuesday, June 26, 2007

St Johns

I know that I don't update very often but I'm using my days off this week to look into cable internet. Once I have that, I'll be able to use the internet on days that I work also...

It was really nice to see the family this weekend. I had a good time. We worked on clearing the lot in Cedar Bay on Saturday. It was hot! I wasn't too smart and only had on capri's, my legs were pretty scratched up... We got a bit of work done, there is obviously still a ways to go but it was a start!

On Sunday Emily sat with me at church and fell asleep on my lap. There is something so innocent and precious about a sleeping child. I was thinking of being up here and missing out on those moments when the kids are at home. Then I read Michelle's blog today and realized that I am still blessed to be able to see the kids fairly often.

I can sympathize with her though, it's hard to be away from home even when it is your choice. When we have siblings as young as we do, we miss out on so much by not being there. That's why the pictures, letters and cards are so important!

I start my full-time hours next week. That will be nice to be able to have benefits. I know that I won't have much time so I am going to treat my days off this week as a mini vacation! I'm looking forward to relaxing and not having much to do!

No comments: