Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Don't Want His Job

I watched bits and pieces of the inauguration today, most of us tried to catch it I'm sure.

I would have liked to know what was going through Obama's head as he walked through the long hallway and down the stairs to be sworn in as the President of the United States. That had to have been (and from the look on his face, was) an extremely emotional time.

What an incredible thing, to be the president of a nation as great as ours. I think that it is often forgotten in the mud-slinging of politicalness (to coin a word), that one of the reasons our country is so great is that we have the freedom of speech. We have the right to say we do not like our president, or policies, or what-ever it is we wish to be negative about.

Mindi said it very well on her blog, we should just be proud to be American. It doesn't matter whether you wanted Obama to win or not. We live in a country where we have the right to vote, and to choose our leaders. So many others cannot say that. Let's be thankful, and proud, that we have these and many other freedoms.

And pray for our leaders.

Cause I know that I for one, would not want that job.

4 comments:

Lorz said...

AGREED. The job itself is tough enough- and then to have almost half the country disliking you! Yikes! No Thank You! I am thankful for the ones that have what it takes to take on the job as president, and thankful to be an american!

P.S. It was great to see you last weekend- for a whole 2 minutes! (I was WAY too tired to make it to Sarah's!) Hope you had a good trip home. Oh, and your boyfriend seems super nice! :)

Leanne said...

Amen, sister. Although - to correct Laura - only about half the people voted for him, but his approval rating is about 70%. Which is unprecendented for an incoming president. Now it's up to him to maintain it. THAT my friends, seems like a big task!

Karen said...

I definitely would not want to have his job either. Although I'd give up my summer vacation to spend some quality time in that big white house!!!

MindiJo said...

Oooh! Thank you, you are too sweet!

Wouldn't you hate it to know what percentage of people don't like you? Seriously? Who wants to hear that? It's nice to pretend that most people think that you are at least an okay person.