Thursday, November 8, 2007

Quotable

Sharyn was talking about quotes on her blog... It got me to thinking. When I was in middle and high school I had a thing about quotes. Every time I heard one that I liked, I would write it down. I have a small book of quotes now. Some of my favorites:

Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier- Unknown

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump. You sit still and trust the engineer.- Corrie Ten Boom (A good one to remember when things get tough).

A good time for laughing is when you can. - Jessamyn West

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery


I could go on and on but I'll leave you with this last thought which I believe comes from an old Irish blessing:

May the light always find you on a dreary day;
When you need to be home, may you find a way;
May you always have courage to take a chance,
And never find frogs in your underpants

No comments: