Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 4

We did something a little different today. We booked a trip to go swimming with sharks.




It wasn't as scary as you may think. We were in a cage and the sharks were just swimming around. I found it quite fascinating to watch them. Our captain was telling us that until recently, no one has ever studied sharks and their habits. I would definitely recommend going if you ever get the chance.

When fish was thrown in, the sharks swarmed for it.
This was the top of the cage as we were inside. We had on snorkels and masks to help us watch the sharks.
While we were out on the water, we saw a humpback whale breech about 6-7 times. Very cool.
This boat had character, so I had to get a picture!


5 comments:

Karen said...

I am enjoying your pictures and narrating. Glad you had a good trip.

Cari said...

wow- everything looks so fun! Im glad you had a good trip!

Jodi said...

wish i could go there!

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

You girls are brave. How cool to see sharks up close, though!! And, the whale.

When we went, we never saw any whales, and I was really hoping to.

Your pictures are awesome. I'm enjoying them! And, wishing so badly, that Mark and I could go back there!

Amanda Kay said...

Yikes you guys are brave!! How fun! I would LOVE to see a whale, it's so hard to imagine how big they are!