Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Few Randoms

I've noticed that I'm not the only one taking mini-blogging breaks these days... And after this post I will be gone for a week. But, not to worry, I'm still taking pictures!

I love days that start out looking like this. (Or somewhat like this, seeing as I doctored the color.) Fall is absolutely my favorite season ever. And the days that the sky is gloomy, the wind is howling and the only thing you want to do is curl up and read a good book.... Love those days!



This is a place by my work. I have been bringing my camera everywhere I go these days. And it struck me that this would make a cool background for portraits.



I had this kid over for dinner the other day. I was really glad that he was able to come. He's up here for his first year at school and apparently learning all the tricks on how to get free meals. I told him that I would be more than willing to have him over at least once a week. As I've said before, I do enjoy cooking and it's always nice to have someone who appreciates it to help eat the meal!
If you are keeping track, you've probably noticed that I haven't posted a picture for every day this month. I have been taking them, but not posting. The one I took yesterday we of an overhead walkway in town. They are removing those, so I decided that I wanted to get a picture before that happened. It has the name of the town I live in on it. And even though I know people can figure it out through different blog entries, I'd rather not make it that easy!
And I know I said I'd be doing a give-away soon, that's still coming! I'm just debating what to give away. As soon as I figure that out, it'll be posted!

eta- for what-ever reason, blogger is not keeping my paragrapghs separated, sorry!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Nice picture of Tommy. Glad to see he is still alive. Is his cheek swollen or does it just look like it from the way he is laying? He went to school with 2 black eyes, then hurt his ankle, so ?!

Katie said...

I think it's just the way he's holding the pillow...

Leanne said...

Ah, you mean my mini-break. Just blogged about it. Love your pictures, as always!