Saturday, September 13, 2008

My stories

I don't often feel like baking. I would rather cook any day. But this past weekend, I came home from work with the urge to make chocolate chip cookies. I know enough to take advantage of those urges, so that is what I did. My oven in this rental is pretty bad. The recipe calls for baking the cookies 14 minutes, I left them in for 9 and they still were crisper than I liked. Maybe if I had a better oven, I would bake more!
I call this one, why I want another lens. Kara and I went to Hungarian Falls on Sunday. I didn't take any photos of the falls, even though they were running. Instead we ran across this tiny little mouse who let me get extremely close until I took out my camera. Then he took shelter under this tree... I need a new lens!

When I was about 9 years old I decided I wanted to learn how to crochet. Santa brought me a book, yarn and a hook that year. Over the following years I have sporadically crocheted. I enjoy working with yarn, it's very relaxing. This year I decided I wanted to learn how to knit also. And there is my first attempt!



I have read these books many times but I have never read them from 1-7. When I first started reading Harry Potter, there were four books out. And I always anticipated the release of the next. When my parents were up here I read the first one to Jodi and decided to keep going to the end. I am noticing little discrepancies that I never did before. I'm also noticing details that come together in ways I didn't realize. But I'm also remembering what an excellent series this really is!


This is my crafting area. Someday I will have a biggger space in which to do my creating. For now my table usually looks like this- it needs to be cleaned, dusted and actually used more regularly.




Aaron and I went for a drive last night and we saw this sight. It's a little too dark I think, but it captures something that speaks to me.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

I love the Sunset :]

Cari said...

funny thing.. I made cookies.. cake.. garlic breadsticks.. cinnamon breadsticks.. and enchiladas the past couple days. and I NEVER feel like baking.
weird.

Jodi said...

I read the first three Harry Potter books and i am waiting for mom to bring me to the Library so i can get the fourth. My teacher has the first, second, third, fifth, and i think the sixth! And of course i am on the Fourth.

Karen said...

I'm with you on the cooking over baking!

Kaitlin said...

K, of course I have to comment on Harry Potter. :]
I liked them better the second time around,there are so many little details that you miss and make a lot more sense after you already know whats going to happen.
J.K. Rowling is seriously a genius, I think I want to read them a third time. :]