Monday, March 9, 2009

Simple Things

There's my new toy. It's an XR Di LD (IF) 28-300mm 3.5- 6.3 macro lens. As I mentioned before, a lot heavier than my last one. And it zooms in and out the opposite way of my other lens. And honest truth, I'd have to look up most of the abbrivations to tell you exactly what they stand for, I'm not good for remembering those kinds of details.

I read a book today. I'm a little bit obsessive about reading. I read quickly and get wrapped up completely. In fact, I read and finished it today.

A major theme of the book was dreams which got me to thinking about my dreams. When I was younger I used to want to be an author. That's probably why I enjoy this blog, in a small way I am fulfilling that dream by writing the story of my life.

I also wanted to work in the circus, be a gymnast, a teacher and swim in the Olympics.

Now my dreams consist of other items like traveling- I would love to see the world.
I want to learn Finnish and be able to speak it fluently.
I want to own land on a lake.
I want to learn to ride a horse.
I want to have a library full of books that have touched me. (I have a list of these books that gets longer everyday.)
I want to go on that African Safari...

The list goes on and on.

But I know that it's not the accomplishing of the dreams that matters. It's having dreams in the first place. For truly, it's the simple things in life that make me happy. Faith, family, friends, sunshine, a place to be me, a good book and a warm bed. Daffodils, bodies of water, summer and days off to name a few.

It doesn't take much. What are your dreams and what makes you happy?

3 comments:

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Ooooh, fun lens to get! enjoy . . .

I want to finish the lengthy list of books on my list.
I want to start my photography biz.
I want to live in the country.
I want to garden and try to live a sustainable as possible lifestyle.

So true, what you say about "having dreams in the first place." I love that!!!

Lorz said...

It IS all about the simple things! There is nothing I love more than quality time with good friends and/or family! NOTHING. Second to that is sunshine. And flowers. Listening to our little water fountain running outside on a warm summer night. Finishing a good book. LAUGHING. Babies laughing. Little kids saying something that makes you go "Awww". Getting a compliment or help from a complete stranger. Did I mention laughing? A good nights sleep. A good nap on a Sunday afternoon. ...I'll stop for now... :D Hope you're having a great day!

MindiJo said...

Great post idea! Me?
I want to set my feet in all fifty states before I die.
I want my children to turn out to be really good people.
I want to live a life of no regrets.
I want to own a house with a beautiful chef's kitchen where I can spend many happy moments cooking and baking.
I want to own a cabin in the mountains.
And drive a Jeep Commander.
And travel the world.