Friday, August 3, 2007

Morning Musings

Today is my last day of work on a ten day stretch! YAY!

Aaron's sister Bonnie gets married tomorrow. That means my schedule is packed today, hence getting up early to read the normal blogs now.

I was thinking about the bridge that collapsed in MN. And about the deaths of people there. It's all very sad and I feel for everyone affected.

That said, I am not posting the following to offend anyone. The tragedy also made me think of the times that deaths happen and family's of the deceased sue everyone they can. That doesn't make any sense to me. I understand the need to place blame, to an extent. As I see it, that's a natural stage of grieving. But in the long run it seems to me that suing for cause of death is only going to cause more grief. Maybe this steams from my personal belief that everyone has a time to go. Nothing we do here on earth can change that. It was a horrible and tragic event. Is blaming someone else and gaining money from that really going to help? Is it really what the deceased would have wanted? I don't understand.

And that also makes me think about how people need to take responsibility for their actions. But I suppose that's a thought for another post.

Have a wonderful weekend

1 comment:

Junkyard Jennifer said...

Katie ~ Isn't that so true? I always wonder why people think *money* is going to make them feel better once someone has died. It doesn't bring someone back and it *does* only cause more grief.