Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I love fall

The first day of school for so many people was today... I remember always being excited for the first day of school. I kinda was wishing that I had decided to go back. Or rather, that I had gotten my act together to take some classes.

Only problem is, I want to take a photography class. And I would love to take a Finnish class. But I can't quite figure out how that would relate to my job, so that they would pay for it...

Fall always seems like a time for new beginnings. Maybe that's because of the start of school, the new year... New classes, new teachers, etc. Of course, I haven't been to school in a few years now but it always has that effect on me. I love fall, it is my favorite season.

Love the crisp air. The colors. The weather. The stormy skies. The cider mills (one of the few things I really miss from home)... Even cold, rainy days.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron and I went out to Will and Lori's tonight. Saw the new baby there. She's tiny (6 lbs 7 oz). Baby's are so precious. It seems you always forget how small they are until you see a newborn.

We were up in the Harbor this weekend also. His family goes camping up there every Labor Day weekend. It was fun to be there and to visit. I think we saw my family more this summer than we saw his. Funny how that works, you make time to see the out-of-towners but always figure that you'll see the ones who live here without making plans.

It was nice to have the day off yesterday. I cleaned house. I'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend who will help me with that. So we finished that early in the day and spent the evening with his family. Brett and Shelby were picking out clothes to wear for the first day of school.

Kinda put me in the mood to go shopping. Even if I'm not going back to school I can get new clothes for the fall right?

2 comments:

Cami said...

I'm with you on loving fall, especially after such a hot, humid summer! Cool air, sweatshirts and jeans, cider mills (i love going to the cider mills, they have the best donuts ever!)

Junkyard Jennifer said...

I LOVE fall too. It was so darn hot yesterday and the day before (90 degrees and humid), that I'm even more ecstatic that today is only a high of 74 and this weekend is only in the high 50's!

I miss cider mills too. They *do* have the best donuts!