Monday, October 8, 2007

Back Again

This weekend at home was really nice. The trip was way too short, but oh well. I know I'm getting older because I used to be able to do the leave after work Friday and come home Sunday after church without a problem, but not so much anymore. I get really bored riding in a car like that. And tired. It's just not as fun as it used to be.

Anyway, it was good to see the family. We didn't get in until about 2 am Saturday morning. I went for breakfast with my old swim coach and some of the team. It was really interesting to learn about what people are up to now. I swam with most of the girls that were there for nine years. It was a big chunk of my life.

Afterwards, Annette, Cari, Janelle and I went shopping. It was hot. Probably reached about 90. The air at my parents isn't working. It's funny how you get used to having ac. We didn't have it when I was younger and I don't remember being bothered by that. Sure, there were nights when it was really warm, but we just used fans. It makes quite a difference being used to ac there.

Church on Sunday was packed. I don't know if it's just because I haven't been to church there in a few months, but I was shocked at the amount of people. There wasn't an empty spot either upstairs or down. They really need a new building- and a bigger parking lot. It was really nice to be home for communion. I know that communion doesn't change depending on the church you are in, but there is something so special about being able to be with your family. To bless each other afterwards. I really miss that, living up here.

We left after lunch. And after trying to take a family picture. Emily was crying. There's always a crier.

I arrived around mid-night. And had a 3-hour work day that I really wasn't looking forward to.

And my car, wasn't fixed before I left. Should be done tomorrow. Aaron was nice enough to let me take his truck... Hopefully my car is really fixed this time.

1 comment:

Amanda Kay said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! I wish I would have went!