Thursday, October 18, 2007

A trip down memory lane...

I'm cleaning out my inbox and I found this...
A few memories from the house that made me smile to read so I thought I would share- Karen, this post is for you!

*Our rock theory-We all have five rocks. And they represent family, friends, work, school, and romantic love. But... At the bottom of this pyramid of rocks is a huge diamond. This diamond represents our faith. It holds the other rocks up and binds them together. Without this diamond, it all will crumble.

*Our first Thursday night. We didn't know what we started! It was an ice cream social and there were so many people!
*When we were at Econo and somehow agreed to have kyds...
*Our potluck! What a fun time.
*The night the power went out- staying up until four hoping we wouldn't have school, of course the power did come on then...
*Our list of names on the wall, I didn't know we knew that many people.
*Coming home from kyds and making quesadillas
*Cleaning the house and getting high off the bleach and oven-cleaner fumes. Then going to Mancino's and not being able to find your car.
*Judy! (Enough said... I've run into her several times... She doesn't remember me)
*Doing the neighbors' dishes because Gary put locks on our doors. Plus, we couldn't stay in the house while our attic was being mutilated.
*Having our attic redecorated for us
*Hanging out in the upstairs hallway before we had the downstairs clean. It was completely natural to get dinner and eat in sitting on the desk.
*Making lists of everyone who came over for our Thursday nights
*Giving up on getting the table clean and just buying a tablecloth.
*Having fun, staying up late and talking about anything...
*Our white trash couch!!
*Going out onto the porch "through" the door
*the night Megan and Aaron got engaged, we went to Perkins in our pajamas
*at Perkins - sharing a cheese quesadilla, then ordering and sharing another one
*the first time we shoveled snow we had so much fun.
*the leaning chimney in the attic
*sitting and talking in the red room
*we burned the cider so badly it turned into molasses
*We had some good dinners in the spring with the three of us.
*Cleaning the blinds outside with the hose... got a little wet. Then we found that bottle of the cleaning stuff/bleach that we used in the spring before we moved out.
*finding out that the neighbors could hear every word we said when we were in the dining room talking- whoops
*moving out. What a day. And all those guys at the neighbors' -- just watched us. Hours later one of them came home and immediately asked if we wanted help.
*dumping my water bed out the window, making mud, then watching the Tech Senior Walkers walk through it
*Finding out why my dishes started disappearing
*When I met Kelly A. and you at Wal-Mart because I had a bad feeling about the house and really couldn't bring myself to go in.
*I remember the feeling the first month we lived there. Life was reallygreat!
*Having Steve go through the house when we were too scared to go in...
*Making dinner for the neighbors, they were so polite, taking off their hats and all!
*Getting used to the neighbors drums
*"Hello neighbor!" (And for awhile "Hello, old neighbor!")
*Cleaning the house for hours
*Hearing voices that first day, but there was no one around, and then hearing dishes in the sink even though there weren't any
*Seeing ghosts
*Going to garage sales... But we couldn't find any...
*Writing on the walls, all of our random inside jokes...
*Going to Tech basketball games, I never thought I would be such a big fan!
*Our 4 hours talk on your bed with the doors closed one Saturday afternoon in the fall
*The Ouija Board Night -- Rita Aho died in 1964 in the attic, that was the first night the water turned on in the bathroom
*Walking to Perkins in the rain, through and back out of the construction zone, getting lost
*Your song in the fall. You always had to lay down when you heard it
*7 girls in the living room with our journals, making lists and predictions and such
*Sliding down the hallway floor
*SPAGHETTI
*Missing out on kyds at Narhi's because you, Kara, and I got distracted... *Bringing Tin Roof Sundae ice cream to the neighbors'
*Out on the front porch yelling ("Cheering for cars")
*The Winter Carnival All-Nighter at our house. Kara and I wrote all over my walls that night.
*Hungarian Falls - you, Kara, and me ~ taking pictures and everything, then we ate "dinner" together for the first time ever
*Hanging out on the steps when Henrik was writing down the Wall of Fame or whatever
*Going down the basement the first month we lived there we always had to have someone with us, or announce to the house that we were going down there, or at the very least, take the phone with us...

Sigh... Great memories... I'm sure there are many more but these made me smile and laugh a little...

1 comment:

Karen said...

OH my goodness!!! I had totally forgotten about most of that stuff! Fun to read and think about those great memories! I can't believe it's been four (?? is that possible?) years!