Monday, October 15, 2007

Music...

Finally, finally have my car back. It is so nice!

I was thinking today about songs and the memories that go with them... It very rarely happens that a song will come on the radio that doesn't have some type of memory to go with it.

Someone once asked me what is the one thing I will always do when I have to figure out a problem. There are actually two things I do. One, I will take a drive to the water. Looking at waves, hearing the crash on a shoreline never fails to calm me down. There is something about the repetitiveness (is that a word?) that is very calming.

And after that I listen to music. There are certain songs that I listen to depending on my mood or what is going through my head. I am a music person. I could not live without it. I love hearing a new song and knowing that it is going to be a good one. I will buy a CD and listen to it repeatedly. As in constantly, for weeks on end, until I know every word.
I have CD's to listen to when I'm upset, when I'm mad, when I'm feeling down, when I'm happy...

"After silence that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music"

Nope, could not live without music.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm with you on both accounts - water and music. Both are soothing and uplifting.
[1] Music washes away from the soul the dust of every day life.

AND

[2]Music is one of the fairest and most glorious gifts of God.

Cari said...

me too! :)