Thursday, October 11, 2007

Intuition...

A sixth sense, gut feeling... What ever you call it, I firmly believe that you should listen to it. Even so, I don't always remember to.

Take today for example, I was proud of myself... Cleaned my small apartment, scrubbed floors and all. Then I went to do my laundry. While the washer was going I ran to Wal-Mart and picked up some things. I was on a roll with my errands.

At the right time, I went back to the laundry mat to switch my clothes. I jumped out of the truck, thought why am I taking my purse? So I grabbed my keys, locked the doors and went inside. After switching loads I grabbed those same keys and realized that they were my house keys.

I've never done that before. Never. Not when my car wasn't parked in the driveway and I had spare keys in the house.

I had a moment of panic, my purse, my phone, my money etc, all in the truck. I was standing there, muttering some choice words at myself when I realized, I have AAA. I called, they came and it was all happy.

If only I had realized that I was grabbing my purse for a reason. That maybe I was telling myself to double check which keys I had. I did it every other time I left the vehicle today. And I'm not normally paranoid.

Too many times I have done that- not listened to what my gut was telling me and then later wondered why. I need to start doing that!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Our AAA membership has been well worth it. I am sure we have gotten our monies worth out of it.

Katie said...

I was very glad that I have it! It's come in handy more than once!