Thursday, February 7, 2008

I love me some sunshine

This picture has nothing to do with my post, other than I took it today while I was playing around with my camera...


There's nothing better than a February day with blue skies and sunshine. Unless it's a blue sky day on your day off.


Which it was.


So while other parts of the state enjoyed a snow day, I went up to our lot. I wasn't going to, I was feeling a little bit lazy. But I am so glad I did.


I drove up there, put on my boots and (Annette's) snow pants and went crazy with my camera.



It would have been a lot easier with snowshoes. In a lot of places I was sinking past my knees.






When I got to the end of the lot, I saw this.



And in the other direction:

I took well over 100 pictures, playing with different settings. The ice build-up in the picture above was taller than me.



It was really windy, and cold but I'm glad I stuck it out.

A different look at the ice


I took these next shots with my continous setting.







This one sprayed me.

I love the water, I could fill many albums with the pictures I have taken of different bodies of water. I was hoping that I would be able to catch a winter sunset but the clouds rolled in too early... Maybe next time.

8 comments:

Junkyard Jennifer said...

I love the very first picture of the spray. That's awesome!

Michelle F said...

Wow. Didn't realize you were so talented...love the photos, see you in GB!

Cari said...

wow-- I'm jealous, looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to see you!

Karen said...

Great pictures. I have never seen Sedar Bay with the ice build up other than in pictures.

Annette said...

Those pictures are awesome! Ahem... whose snowpants did you put on?

Janelle said...

WOW! Those pictures are amazing!

Anne said...

You've been tagged. See my blog for details.

JoLynn said...

Great pictures!! I love the water too and have been meaning to get down to the big lake in M*T to take some photos! :)

P.S. Congrats on being an auntie!