Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane...

Don't know when I'll be back again...

Today is a good day! I leave tomorrow, and I paid off not one, but TWO of my credit cards today. That alone makes me smile. When I pair that thought with being in Hawaii tomorrow I want to turn cartwheels.

I have a post rolling around in my head about my debt. Someday I'll share. I'm not quite ready yet. But man, does it feel good to be paying it off!

This past week was a roller coaster. To top off my fever-flu-cold, I broke out in hives on Sunday from the medication I was taking. I'm definitely allergic to something! That's finally cleared up. And I'm finally feeling better. Still have a little cough and a little congestion, but I'd say I'm 90% better than I was a week ago. And I'll take that.

Monday was a eggy day at work. (A word coined by one of my associates, works perfectly, don't you think?) Everyone that came in had this issue or that issue. And we were all liars and had told this person that we had a $30 plan, but they charged her for $35- and she would even call her daughter to prove that's what was said. Never mind that there isn't a $30 plan in the brochure and never has been...

And this guy wanted us to personally go out and put up a tower in his town last night because he's been paying for service for a year and can't use the phone in his house. But he's known that from day one that his town isn't a good service area, and we do have a cancellation policy. But it's not a one-year policy. And oh? He's going to be charged early termination fees if he cancels early? He didn't know that. I could go off on an entire tangent regarding that one. Long story short- if you're signing a contract, you should know what you are signing for.

The kicker was the guy that called and wanted me to do a credit check over the phone. I explained that we don't do that for security reasons. We won't take a social security number over the phone and we need to see photo id, etc. This guy wasn't having any of that- he couldn't walk and he was going to send his daughter down to sign the contract for him but she was under 18 so we couldn't do a credit check on her. I told him I'm sorry sir, but for security reasons you have to be here for the credit check. He didn't let me go on to explain that we also need him to sign the contract physically at the store- it's all electronically filed in our computers. Nope, he told me "you mean you won't?! &*%$ you!" And slammed down the phone.

That was Monday. Yesterday was much better. Customer's were polite and happy, reasonable even. OR maybe that was because I kept telling everyone I was on vacation mode and I'm going to Hawaii. And everytime I said that I couldn't help but smile. Makes a day go by fast when you keep smiling and rubbing it in that you'll be on vacation soon!

And at the end of the night I had one of those customer's that let me know that she does appreciate the work we do. And that's always nice to hear.

Cause I'm leaving...

4 comments:

Cari said...

have a safe trip katie- I love you!

Cari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle F said...

Soak up the sun for me too! Safe travels, love you.

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Have a fun and safe trip!! :)