Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fireworks and Car Alarms

We went up to Copper Harbor for the fireworks last night. It wouldn't be the 4th up here without going up there... The fireworks aren't the best ever, but they are decent. Last night as soon as the first one went off we heard a "beep, beep, beep" of a car alarm. This went on throughout the entire display. I guess nobody wanted to find out if it was their car alarm. And when the alarm went off on it's own, the next vibration from the fireworks display would set it off again. It was enough to silence the crowd.

I am realizing that one of the side effects of my job is that I now want the latest and greatest phone. My current wishlist tops off with the BlackBerry Pearl. We, as employees, weren't allowed to buy them before but we learned today that we can. It's quite the phone. And would link me to technology in a way that I would never be able to get away from work. That would be the one downfall. Of course I already have a BlackBerry so that wouldn't actually change anything.

Whoops, going off on a tangent that I am sure doesn't interest anyone. My original thought was that I have never had a job where I wanted the products sold. It's a new experience for me. I mean when I worked at the gas station, I needed gas but it wasn't like "OH, I have to have the premium gas and I have to have it now."

No comments: