Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I am a lurker

I am a lurker... I love to read other people's blogs and catch up on what's happening in their lives. It's fun. Then I come back to this page and try to come up with something that would be interesting for others to read... And most times I have nothing. Nothing that I consider worth passing on. Sometimes I will anyway, other times I sit and type, then erase, type again, then give up and walk away.

I have written in a journal for ten years. In fact, I am on volume 63. I usually average one journal per three months, although I have done longer and shorter. I don't run out of things to say in there. So why the problem online?

Quite honestly, my personal journals are pretty boring. Maybe that's the problem. I write in those just to release my emotions. When I come online I feel that I have to be witty, or knowledgeable... Or at the very least, interesting. But I'll keep trying because I do enjoy this method of keeping in touch.

Aaron and I went down to the camp this weekend. I had Monday off of work, so I enjoyed an extra day there. Things have changed since we were kids. The lake is a lot busier. I remember when we would spend all day out on the lake, tubing, and skiing, only coming in when we were hungry. Now the younger kids don't take advantage of having a boat (or maybe I just see it that way because I don't have the opportunity to be on one very often anymore). We did get the chance to go skiing although we had to wait for boats to come off the lake.

There was a dulcimer festival going on in a nearby town. My parents, Aaron, Janelle, Jodi, Laura and I went there one night. That was pretty neat. I have never seen or heard a dulcimer before. (For those of you that haven't either, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammered_Dulcimer) Events like that make me wish I had a musical talent.

All in all, it was a good weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, you're on journal 63 already?? You totally eclipsed me, haha. I am still on 54. School has just made it so hard for me to write nowadays. I've been on the same one for over a year now, which is unheard of for me. But I totally know what you mean about feeling different when you write in a blog versus your own journal. There are just things you would never put on the internet. Not to mention they probably aren't that interesting to anyone but you. I feel that way too. When you blog you're doing it FOR the people that you know read it. Anyway, I, for one, am glad you do. It's such a nice way to keep up with people you don't see as much as you like. And I'm glad to hear you had fun in Clare! ;)

Michelle F said...

I know what you mean Katie, but I like reading you blog! It is hard to "compete" or shake the feeling that you have to be really entertaining!

Katie said...

Thanks for the interest in reading about my life. Like I said, I do enjoy blogging, it's just that most days I feel uninspired! But I will keep writing...

Janelle said...

Where are my pictures you were gonna send me? j/k have a good weekend with michelle!